Monday, December 1, 2008

On Nov 24, 2008, at 8:16 PM, Kim wrote:

> Okay, John, I have browsed through the catalogs. Thank-you very
> much for taking the time to highlight the kilns, and for the
> notes. I do want to visit the showroom. It will be good for me
> to spend time looking at the actual kilns, to get a sense of what
> they are like.
>
> I am not sure where your showroom is, exactly. Agnese keeps
> mentioning Leslie Ceramics, but it seems to be a separate operation
> from your Toki Kilns? What are your hours of operation? I may try
> to do a day trip. Are you opened on weekends?
>
>
> -Kim Fox

RESPONSE TODAY December 1, 2008:

Kim,

Leslie Ceramics is in Berkeley, CA. The airport you would fly into is
Oakland. I could pick you up & drop you off. To clarify things: The
Toki Kiln is a kiln brand. Leslie Ceramics is a retail store. I have
a prototype of the Toki kiln at my studio which you could see, and
there is a sample of the controller at Leslie Ceramics. At Leslie's
there are examples of Nabertherm, Cress, Skutt, Paragon kilns & some
gas kilns as well. We may want to visit my studio which is seven
minutes from Leslie's. There, I have a ConeArt Kiln & Toki Kiln.

I am available to meet just about any time except Dec 8,9,10. Provide
me with a few dates that will work for you.

Sincerely,

John Toki